The London Police Department would like to thank you for your interest in employment with our Department. If you meet the requirements, we encourage you to test for the position of police officer. We are dedicated to hire only the most qualified individuals through a strong commitment of our hiring standards.
A MESSAGE FROM MAYOR RUDDER:
London's location and relatively low cost of living have helped make our city a "Vacation Crossroads" and a center for business, shopping, entertainment, education and health-care. London also enjoys a sound base of industrial and retail business, and our schools are exemplary. Moderately priced housing, low utility costs, a moderate climate and proximity to huge forests, beautiful lakes, tourist attractions and the metropolitan areas of Lexington and Knoxville combine to make London a very special place for visitors, new residents, and business opportunities.
Mayor Troy Rudder
ABOUT THE JOB:
The London Police Department currently has officers involved in many different aspects of today’s law enforcement such as:
*School Resource Officers
*Criminal Investigation Section
*Technical and Support Services
*Task Force Officers: i.e. F.B.I. / D.E.A. / U.S. Forestry Service
Officers will be given opportunities to determine the course their careers may take, by advanced individual training in differing areas each year.
As a Recruit with the London Police Department you will receive training and certification through the Department of Criminal Justice Training
The London Police Department hires only the most qualified applicants, thus the testing and selection process is very competitive. We encourage applicants to review our hiring standards to see if they are up to the challenge of working for one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the state. Those who are successful will be rewarded with a lifetime of opportunities and memories.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental Insurance (Individual, and family).
- Up to four weeks annual vacation leave.
- Holiday benefits.
- Accrued medical leave.
- Take home vehicle.
- Uniform / Equipment purchase.
- Financial compensation package starts at $28,782.68.
Please carefully review the information listed below. These specific guidelines are provided in an effort to assist you with your decision concerning whether it is beneficial to submit your application for employment to our Department. Please be advised that the information listed below does not constitute all applicable hiring standards of this Department; the majority of our standards are confidential and are not available for applicants or current employees to view.
All applicants must be a high school graduate, or possess a G.E.D. (General Educational Development) certificate. This requirement must be met at the time of the written exam.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment to the police academy
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, or have any criminal actions pending
- Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on an individual basis
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must not be a current user of illegal drugs
- Must not have bought or sold any illegal drugs.
- Must pass a pre-employment written examination
- Must pass a pre-employment physical agility test
- Must take a pre-employment oral evaluation
- Must pass an in-depth background investigation
- Must pass a pre-employment suitability test
- Must take a pre-employment polygraph examination
- Must pass a pre-employment test for drug detection
- Must pass a pre-employment medical examination
- Must not be prohibited by Federal, or State law for possessing a firearm
- Must have received an honorable discharge, or a general discharge under honorable conditions, if having served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- Must be willing to work a varied work schedule.
|The London Police Department is using Nixle sign up at www.nixle.com